Dave Wieneke teaches courses for mini-MBA
This summer, our Healthcare Practice Director, Dave Wieneke, has been recording twelve modules on Healthcare Marketing for the Mini-MBA in Healthcare Management at Rutgers University.
The self-paced 14-week program lets clinicians and administrators learn about topics such as legal issues in healthcare, new standards in quality and accountability, using technology to streamline operations, and ways marketing can drive growth and improved patient experience. Understanding these interrelated topics equip practitioners to achieve compliance, institute back-end procedures that run smoothly and effectively, and focus on what they do best—caring for patients.
Expected outcomes of the program include:
- Be more knowledgeable about the non-clinical context in which healthcare is provided.
- Gain important insight into models of care and reimbursement.
- Understand why the healthcare world is changing so rapidly, and what is yet to come.
- Learn to establish policies for effective healthcare management, particularly in areas of legal and financial concerns.
- Learn about best practices in medical office management, leaving them better able to focus on patient care.
In addition to teaching in the mini-MBA in Healthcare Management program at Rutgers, Dave leads PK’s focus on serving the digital experiences of healthcare organizations, establishing a baseline method of measurement as outlined in PK’s multiple award-winning Hospital Digital Experience Index. He’s partnered with executive teams at Harvard University, KinderCare Education, OHSU and Everence Financial to advance their digital business capabilities. Prior to agency life, Dave directed digital teams for Thomson Reuters, the Christian Science Monitor, Sokolove Law and the states of New Jersey and Massachusetts. He has written for eConsultancy, eHealthcare Strategy and Trends and AdAge, and has presented multiple webinars on the digital healthcare experience, both with PK and eHealthcare Strategy and Trends. Dave is a graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design.
Download a copy of Dave’s latest research on the digital strength of leading hospital brands.Tags: Strategy