Product Owner / Sr. Business Analyst (San Jose, CA)
PK is currently seeking a motivated and experienced Product Owner / Senior Business Analyst to join our team in San Jose, CA! Qualified individuals must possess proven success rolling up all product requirements from a client. This role will be responsible for the success of the product and must understand the user, customer and business goals as well as collaborate with the development team and stakeholders. Qualified candidates must have a strong desire to become our technical subject matter expert and possess a billing domain background in the Telecommunications Industry.
- Own relationship between product management and the sprint teams
- Represent and share the product vision to the scrum teams
- Lead the Functional Grooming of the user stories
- Represent the product team in Sprint planning meetings, Technical Grooming, daily Scrum meeting, Sprint Retrospectives and Sprint Demos
- Serve as focal point for any pre-sprint or in-sprint inquiries from the sprint team.
- Confirm that technical architecture and technical design aligns to the short-term and long-term product vision.
- Inspire technical teams to innovate and create industry-leading solutions while balancing immediate product plans
- Understand and contribute to the end-to-end customer experience.
- Create and maintain the user story backlog
- Define and create the user story structure themes, epics, etc.
- Create user stories for the product functionality and desired customer experience
- Prioritize user stories in the backlog
- Coordinate with technical teams to finalize list of user stories for each sprint
- Coordinate with the UI design team to ensure consistency and alignment between design assets and user stories
- Execute the acceptance process for user stories
- Lead resolution of issues impacting success of the current or future sprints
- Provide sprint and backlog status to product management team leadership
- Solid experience in a Senior Business Analyst or Product Owner role
- Experience in Telecom Business Support Systems and Operations Support Systems (BSS/OSS)
- Develop requirements for a whole new system and experience in 2 or more Enterprise-level billing systems (such as: Oracle, Ericsson, Amdocs or CSG Systems, Convergys Corporation, Comverse Inc.)
- Experience in enterprise digital transformation highly preferred
- Billing domain experience within a Telecommunications environment
- Experience identifying, writing, driving and presenting product requirements
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing suite of complex applications
- Experience with Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous deliverables and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be a strong team player with a commitment to excellence
- Excellent communication and documentation skills are required
- Must have ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and have a flexible positive attitude
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated expertise interfacing with business and technical teams to define the system and business requirements
- Strong work ethic, ownership and enthusiasm required