Senior Data Integration Consultant
PK Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Data Integration Consultant to join our Analytics Practice based in Portland, Oregon! Qualified candidates must possess Data Warehouse and ETL experience, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Provide senior technical consulting with deep expertise in Data Architecture and Integration through the delivery of Data Integration related solutions.
- Creation and implementation of conceptual and physical database models, applying best practice design principles for modeling both relational and dimensional databases, along with supporting staging structures using DDL statements and database modeling tools.
- Creation and implementation of ETL architecture, data flow diagrams, source to target mappings, and solution designs applying best practices for populating relational and dimensional data structures.
- Implementation of ETL designs, using ETL tools and native database programming in stored procedures.
- Capture of client requirements and creation of these requirements into data architecture and data integration solution design, plans, and statements of work.
- Managing and meeting delivery milestones
- Providing expert technical advice and guidance to project team members, client stakeholders, and our staff.
- Contributing positively to our team culture and the practice.
- Minimum 5+ years specific Data Warehouse and ETL experience, including: Extensive experience working with RDBMS platforms (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Netezza, others); Extensive experience with ETL development using ETL tools (SSIS, Informatica, DataStage, Other) and native database programming languages (T-SQL, PL/SQL, others); Experience with OLAP sources (MSAS, Oracle OLAP, Cognos TM1, others); Experience with data modeling tools (ERWin, IBM InfoSphere Architect, other)
- Experience working with NoSQL and Hadoop-based SQL environments strongly preferred
- Deep expertise in SQL DDL and DML statements and advanced query techniques.
- Strong logical, analytical and organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail and the keen ability to anticipate and avoid problems.
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to communicate with internal and external customers. This can include communicating technical information to nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively, be diplomatic and influence stakeholders, vendors and global teams.
- Strong tenacity and ability to overcome barriers due to technology, process, or people.
- Strong customer and user experience focus with the ability to manage complexity and ambiguity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Business Finance, Accounting or other relevant program is required.