Workshop: Getting Started with Spatial Analytics
Heather Harris, Practice Director of Intelligence and Analytics at PK, Alteryx ACE and author of Citizen Gain: Citizen Data Scientists as the Catalyst for the Modern Analytics Strategy, along with members of her data science team, takes you through a geospatial journey in this workshop on spatial analytics. Through tutorials on enriching your analysis in Alteryx by using a spatial component, you’ll learn the basics of working with spatial objects.
Curriculum will include:
- Viewing Spatial Objects: Input and view spatial objects in Designer.
- Understanding Spatial Objects: Understand the structure and geometric attributes of spatial objects
- Creating Spatial Objects: Create spatial objects to use for spatial analytics.
- Constructing Trade Areas: Construct a trade area to better analyze the area surrounding a point of interest.
- Splitting Spatial Objects: Break a polyline or polygon spatial object into its smaller components.
- Calculating Distance: Compute the linear distance between two spatial objects.
- Relating Spatial Objects: Apply spatial processes to understand the relationships between spatial objects.
- Identifying Nearest Objects: Identify the nearest spatial object to another while enforcing selection criteria.
- Spatially Joining Data: Match data based on spatial relationships.
- Heather Harris, Practice Director – Intelligence & Analytics
- Treyson Marks, Analytics Engineer
- Rod Light, Solutions Architect
- Amanda Smith, Analytics Engineer